Tuesday, July 29, 2003

The Final Edition

The publication of daily newsletter editions ceased in July 2003, announced with this special edition.

On this day in 1998, the first-ever edition of "On This Day In Led Zeppelin History" was published on the Internet, advising readers of that day's 25th anniversary of the tour-closing Madison Square Garden concert, parts of which were included in the film The Song Remains the Same. The premiere of Led Zeppelin History also noted the disappearance of $203,000 from Led Zeppelin's safe deposit box at New York's Drake Hotel on that day in 1973, a mystery that is still unsolved to this day 30 years later.

Today, this will suffice as the final (regular) edition of "On This Day In Led Zeppelin History," the last lesson in The Lemon's Leducation. I want to thank all my readers past and present for five years of support and encouragement. I've always said you're the reason for sending this newsletter and for seeking to pay attention to detail. I must also thank my readers for just being there. I used subscription figures to land myself a job as the associate editor of a newspaper one year ago, and the subscription figures also helped me to land an interview with John Paul Jones two years ago.

Although the newsletters will not go on, the passion I have for the music and stories of Led Zeppelin is not going away. It's hard to shake something like that. I assure you that this will not be the last you've heard from Steve Sauer. Maybe you'll see the name on the cover of a book someday, or "On This Day In Led Zeppelin History" on the cover of a daily desk calendar. I may contemplate putting together a more formal publication covering the band's events, featuring memorabilia, input from fans, etc. Any feedback or offers you may have to continuing the legend are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Users agree to avoid posting profanity and defamatory comments.